Hello you all 😀 I hope you had a great weekend! I for myself am happy that this week is over and hope for some quiet weeks to come 😉 This weekend is also rather relaxed, which is just what I like. Strolling around the markets here I have already seen the nicest apricots, peaches, blackberries, pears and figs. I feel so inspired by them and I think that autumn is just around the corner. Fine for me, as I cant wait to bake with all these delicious fruits! When I saw these amazing peaches I knew that I had to have them. The possibilities are endless but as turnovers are on my to-do list for quite a while I decided to use these peaches to create some delicious sweet peach turnovers!
To turn them into something even more special I added just a hint of thyme and a splash of vanilla. Just because I still have some thyme on my balcony and wanted to use it before winter destroys it all… I liked the outcome a lot, not too sweet, with a hint of this amazing vanilla. I used a really high quality vanilla which really makes a difference in taste. The thyme gives just a hint, use more or less to your own liking. I made these turnovers with store-bought puff pastry, but feel free to make your own if you like. Brush the turnovers with some egg wash and sprinkle generously with some pearl sugar. They are best enjoyed the day made, but still delicious cold the next day 🙂
- 4 Peaches
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Starch
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- about 500g ready rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- some Pearl Sugar
- If you want to keep the skin on, wash the peaches and cut into small pieces.
- If you want to remove the skin, use a sharp knife to make a cross in the skin of the peach. Pour over some hot water and let them stay for a minute. Take a sharp knife and remove the skin, starting by the cross you made. Cut the peaches into small pieces.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients together until well mixed. The peaches will start to leak out some moisture which is ok, either use it or discard it and only take the fruits for your filling.
- Cut your ready rolled puff pastry into squares and add a few tablespoons of filling in one corner of the square. Flip over the other half and using a fork, seal the edges together.
- Give the turnovers a quick egg wash and sprinkle generously with some pearl sugar.
- Bake at 200°C for about 18-20 minutes or until golden