I hope you all had a great Christmas time with your loved ones and a lot of good food.
If you happened to have made my Mince Meat Pies and you have some left overs, here is a good idea how to use them. Of course you can also use store-bought mince meat or any kind of jam or compote you still have laying around.
All you have to do is to make a simple yeast dough and fill it with all the nice things you have in your kitchen. I also used a few nuts still laying around. So take the recipe more like a guideline and just use whatever you have at hand to get rid of all those half full packets of nuts and fruits you may still have laying in your kitchen cabinets.
The year is almost over and I already wish you all a happy new year 2015 with lots of love and happiness! I will make a little (long) break because I will be flying to New Zealand tomorrow and spend a few weeks of well-deserved holidays there. I really cant wait and I am quite exited! Therefor it will be pretty quiet around here for some weeks but I hope you will not mind that and we all see each other again at the end of January 🙂 If you want to see some pictures of my travel just follow me at Instagram!
- 450g Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Packet dried Yeast (7g)
- 50g Butter
- 50g Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 300g Mince Meat
- 50g Nuts
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Cloves
- Melted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt the butter and let it slightly cool down, add the milk and egg and whisk everything together
- Add the wet ingredient bit by bit to the dry ones and using your kitchen machine let everything combine until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes (by hand it takes about 15 min)
- Wrap the dough with clingfilm and let it rest for an hour until doubled in size
- Place the dough on a floured working surface and roll it out to a square
- Add the mince meat, chopped nuts, cinnamon and cloves and roll it up
- Cut it into about 3cm thick slices and add them into a floured muffin tray
- Brush the rolls with the melted butter and add some brown sugar on top
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (180°C fan oven) for about 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Take them out and let them cook on a wire reck