As promised here I will show you now the recipe for my little Chai Cheesecakes. The recipe works perfectly to make 4 little cheesecakes (12cm) but I guess you can also make one big one. Making 4 individual ones has the advantages that everyone can have their own little cheesecake, but also that you can sprinkle them either with icing sugar, cocoa or cinnamon, to your own liking 🙂
I was planning these Chai Cheesecakes with a Speculoos Cookie Base, but as I was telling you already, my boyfriend ate all of them without my knowledge. So I was standing in the kitchen on a Sunday morning without any cookies at hand, and therefore spontaneously decided to make my own spiced cookies. Spelt flour was just the right ingredient, together with a lot of cinnamon and some cardamom and cloves. Feel free to bake your own cookies for this base, or buy whole wheat or gingerbread cookies. The good thing about baking your own cookies for this is that you can use your new IKEA cookie cutters (because you are so in love with squirrels) and you can not only use them for the cookie base, but also as decoration on top of them. Voila, beautiful little Chai Cheesecakes. Hope you will like them.
Have a nice week, Rebecca
- 150g Cookies *
- 70g Butter, melted
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 100g Sour Cream
- 40g Maple Sugar **
- 40g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 20g Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Caradmon
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Anise
- In a food processor finely grind the cookies and add the slowly cooled melted butter. Divide the mixture between 4 small tart forms who are buttered and floured and press down the cookie crumble mixture.
- Put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In the meantime cream together the cream cheese and sour cream until there are no big lumps any more.
- Add the sugar and the spices and mix well
- Add the eggs and the flour and stir until everything is one smooth mixture
- Add the Creamcheese mixture into the cookie based tart forms and bake in a preheated oven at 160° Fan for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center is firm.
- * I used the Spelt Spice Cookies from here, but you could use Speculatius or any wholeweat or ginger cookies. ** If you cannot find maple sugar, substitute for brown sugar