I have already told you in this post about the little Celebration I had 😉 Well, besides all the sweet stuff which I have already showed you I also baked some savory snacks! I therefore choose to bake some savory muffins with olives, cheese and chargrilled peppers and also some cheese straws topped with sesame and poppy seeds as well as with even more cheese! I will post about these cheese straws another time, as I have already baked them several times in different versions and I still want to collect all of my versions and make one big post about that 😉
I found the recipe for the Muffins in a Magazine about healthy baking (in German) which I slightly adjusted to be, well, a bit less healthy 😛 Basically, I just added a bit more of the Parmesan cheese as I really like the taste of it! I really love the chargrilled peppers in the recipe, they just give a sweeter and moister touch to the muffins as normal raw peppers would! As my boyfriend loves chilis I was thinking about adding some chilis (or chili powder) to the muffins as well, but as I was unsure whether my guests would like that, too I didn’t 😛 But afterwards I am sure it would have made a nice little touch to them, so try it out if you fancy chili 🙂 Also I found them a bit on the dry site, so I guess instead of Parmesan cheese through the batter you could better add some normal, more fatty cheese to get a richer muffin instead 😉 Of course you could also substitute the olive and peppers with other ingredients like corn or onions, no limitations there 😉
Olive, Pepper and Cheese Muffins
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and if you want some cheese and chilli).
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients together, being the milk, oil and egg.
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together until all is well combined.
- Cut the peppers and olives into pieces and fold them into the muffin mixtures.
- Fill the paper cases with the muffin batter and top everything with even more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven (190°C or 170°C fan) for about 20 minutes.
- 300g Flour
- 1Tbsp Baking powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 80ml Olive Oil
- 60g Chargrilled peppers
- 50g Olives
- about 60g Parmesan cheese
- Chilli powder (optional)