Spring is on its way, it is just around the corner. I can feel it and I need it.
What I also need is something fresh.
Lemons will do it.
I had many ideas with lemons and finally decided that it is time for some basic recipes here on Icing Sugar. Some of my go-to recipes which form the base of many other advanced creations.
I once made a small batch of Mandarin Curd for using it in Cheesecake but never have I done the classic: Lemon Curd. It is honestly not that difficult as one would think, the key is to stir regularly to not let it burn or get lumpy and work on a very low heat! My mum loves lemon curd and already asked me to either bring her a glass or teach her how to do it herself 😉 Both would be so much fun! It happens that I will go and visit my family this weekend and I can hardly wait. One of the reasons why I am going this weekend might be a certain blogger meeting in Munich which I want to attend… So I can combine two great occasions in one weekend! I have never been to a blogger meeting before and I am quite nervous about it. Have you ever been to one? I will definitely let you know next week how it was 🙂 In the meantime, when life gives you lemons…
- 4 Lemons
- 200g Butter
- 180g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Squeeze the lemons. From 4 lemons I got about 200ml of juice.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter of low heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time and keep stirring!
- Add the lemon juice and keep stirring to avoid burning on a low heat. It can take a few minutes, but keep stirring until the curd thickens.
- Fill the lemon curd in clean and hot glasses and close them immediately. Store the curd in the fridge.
- If you prefer your curd to be sweeter and less tart. you can add more sugar.