I actually can’t believe it, but my monthly Guestposts are really going into the second round!
This month I am super happy to present you Max and Julia from Maxulia who blog about everything they love, which mostly is about food and traveling. The male fraction in the food blogging world is slightly in the minority and here you can see a couple successfully blogging together! We almost met at the blogging event „München bloggt“ and with almost I mean that we saw each other but didnt had the opportunity to actually talk to each other. Luckily there is still the internet and so in the end we got into contact and are ever since 🙂 So enough talking from me, lets go to Max and Julia!
If you are interested in Guest Posting here as well, just contact me (icingsugarnet at gmail.com). I would love to hear from you, so that I can present different great blogs here on a monthly basis.
We’re Max and Julia, usually blogging on www.maxulia.wordpress.com about our favorite food and design items. We got to know Rebecca on a blogging event in Munich without talking to each other but thanks to business cards we got in contact. Since then we’ve exchanged a lot of emails about our projects.
About Rebecca’s blog we like most her simple style of baking, which inspires us a lot. We are also planning to start blogging in English someday, since we have a lot of friends in the Netherlands, where Max studies. That’s why we are very happy to take this opportunity!
Today we brought you our favorite pie recipe. It comes with the rich flavor of apples and raspberries and fits perfectly for a summer picnic! You can also replace the raspberry with other seasonal fruit.
- 300 g flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 225 g cold butter
- 60 ml cold water
- 3-4 apples
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 dash of salt
- 3 tbsp. rum
- 250 ml water
- 500 g (frozen) raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. cream
- Mix together flour, salt and sugar in a big bowl. Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the dry ingredients. Pour in 60 ml of very cold water and quickly knead together. Let it rest in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- In the meantime peal and chop the apples and put them in a big saucepan. Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, rum and 250 ml of water. Let it cook for 15 minutes on medium heat. Then add the raspberries and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Butter a pie pan.
- Roll out 3/4 of the pastry and put it into the pan. Trim even with edge. Let it cool for 15 minutes in the freezer. Roll the rest of the pastry and cut out some kind of form you like with a cookie cutter. Pour the raspberry-apple filling into the pie pan and garnish with the rest of the pastry.
- Mix together an egg yolk with 1 tbsp. cream and spread it on the pastry.
- Bake the pie for 50 - 60 minutes.