Hello lovely people,
another week is almost over and we are already halfway through October. I hope you had a nice and relaxing weekend? We stayed at home this weekend as I had to bake a little test cake. Next week a friend of mine is graduating and I am planning a surprise cake for her. I had a specific idea in my mind about the flavor of the cake and showed you a little sneak peek today on Instagram 😉 We liked the cake a lot, although there are still a few things I want to improve. So next week I will adapt the recipe a little more and once I have the finished cake I will obviously show it to you here on my blog.
But until then, I want to show you something sweet and easy to make for the weekend or even during the week: Coffee and Walnut Brownies! We enjoyed these some weeks ago to be honest, but I totally forgot to show them to you 🙂 Luckily, coffee and walnut brownies are an all-time favorite, I could bake them any time of the year. Somehow the coffee makes those brownies even more chocolate-y and although I am not the biggest fan of walnuts, I think the combination of walnut, coffee and chocolate is unbeatable! I toasted the nuts beforehand in a dry pan to bring out all the aromas.
I made these brownies for my boyfriend, as he loves nothing more than coffee and chocolate (somehow I am having Déjà vu?), and I think I am also all into this flavor combination by now. I would actually like to have some right now, it’s a pity there are no left overs in the freezer, but obviously they were all gone in no time… and I start to really like walnuts 🙂
Have a good start into the new week,
- 225g Butter
- 100g Chocolate. dark and cut into small pieces
- 200g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Granules
- 50g Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Walnuts
- Over medium heat melt together the butter and the chocolate, set aside.
- Roast the nuts over medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant. Set aside.
- Whisk together the Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla Extract.
- Dissolve the Coffee Granules in 1 Tbsp of hot water and add to the mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together and stir it into the mixture.
- Stir in the nuts and spread the mixture into a tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the brownies in a 180°C (160° Fan) oven for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack and cut into pieces.
- Enjoy 🙂