http://www.beaujolais-challenge.com/?nikolsa=rencontre-13008&214=26 Summertime means berries. I love love love berries and I have a hard time waiting for them to appear in the supermarkets. Once I get a hold of them I am unstoppable, if they wouldn’t be so expensive here I would only eat berries the whole summer. Anyway, talking berries I use them for pretty much everything besides enjoying them as they are. Muesli, yogurt. cake, shakes, juices…
When a friend came over to visit us I had to make a Berry Cheesecake with my most favorite berry of all: Blueberry! And when there is one fruit that matches just perfectly with Blueberries it is White Peaches. And crunchy Pecan notes. A match made in heaven. Perfect when just out of the fridge for a warm summer day. And just like the last time, we were a bit in a hurry to make pictures of the cake before we all devoured it 😀
go By the way, once the cake is baked it is still a bit wobbly, but when cooled down it will set and get firm, so don’t worry but enjoy it cooled!
https://dunkl.co.at/deposti/1439 And isn’t summer just great? I so enjoy the weekends now with friends or just sitting on the balcony having my most favorite summer drink. And of course there is the World Cup now. I just love the World Cup, what about you? I just can’t hide my enthusiasm about those games and root for my team 😉 Fingers crossed they will stay a little in this World Cup so I have someone I can cheer for! Do you also like to watch the World Cup? Or do you have other plans for the summer?
- 150g Cookies
- 100g Butter
- 500g Quark (Fromage Frais)
- 400g Mascarpone
- 150f Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Rasp of half a Lemon
- 5 Eggs
- 30g Starch
- 40g Pecans
- 4-5 White Peaches
- 200g Blueberries
- Start by crumbling the cookies very finely. Melt your butter and let it cool slightly. Add the butter to the crumbled cookies and mix well.
- Prepare your baking tin (26cm) by lining it with parchment paper on the bottom and add the crumble on top. Press down the crumble to form a solid bottom. Set aside.
- Mix together the quark, mascarpone, sugar and lemon juice and zest until smooth.
- Combine the eggs together with the starch until the starch has dissolved, you don't want big lumps of starch.
- Combine the egg-starch mixture with the cheese mixture and mix well and add it on top of the biscuit base.
- Wash your berries and peaches. Cut the peaches into small segments.
- Cut your pecans roughly and toast them in a dry pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes until they become fragrant.
- Assemble the berries, peaches and nuts on top of the cheese mixture and bake in a 180°C (160° Fan) oven for about 80 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely, it will set once cooled.
- Best served cold from the fridge, enjoy 🙂
- Cake form: 26cm
click here * inspired by the baking magazine „Backen nach Bildern“ from Lea